Sunday, October 5, 2008

En-Hakorre

Welcome to my office. Have a seat on the couch, make yourself comfortale and tell me what's bothering you...

I seem to be a conduit of advice, counselor and shoulder to cry on recently. A friend is going through a tough time right now. They're afraid to love because they said it always leads to them getting hurt. Here's how I replied.

That’s what happens when we let our guard down and open ourselves up to someone. We make ourselves vulnerable. That’s what you do when you love someone; you’re showing them the target, the bull’s eye. You’re saying “I trust you enough to let you know how to hurt me the worst”.

I can’t promise you that there’s a human-being out there that will never do anything that will hurt you. They may not intentionally do it, but to love deeply is to hurt deeply. It’s inevitable in our human condition. And if they truly love you back the way you have loved them, then they’ll see how they hurt you, they’ll hurt along with you and heal along with you.

No comments: