Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Why?

Below is an e-mail I received from my sister tonight and my reply. What I don’t understand is, why is it so easy for me to almost effortlessly respond to something like this for someone else?

From: RC Martinez
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:38 PM
To: My Sister
Subject: RE: [SPAM]

Everything happens for a reason. When we’re so close to the action, we don’t always see the story unfolding. Sometimes we have to take a step back, remove ourselves from what’s going on and then we can see the big picture.

Like when a child asks their parents “Why is the sky blue” or “Where do babies come from”, it’s our quest for answers that ultimately draws us to God. Not in some “old time religion” sense where He is Judge, Jury and Executioner, but in a paternal sense. He wants us to come to Him, share ourselves with Him and crawl into His arms for a good cry.

So maybe the answer to your “WHY” is something as simple as “She had been sick for so long and it was time for her to no longer suffer”. Maybe it’s to draw a wayward child back to Him. I don’t know, but as long as I have my family, friends and faith, the “WHY” doesn’t matter, it’s the time we had that does.


From: My Sister
Sent: Wednesday, September 24, 2008 11:21 PM
To: RC Martinez
Subject: [SPAM]

I was just reading your blog about Mom....I miss her so much...I just can't get over it....the pain is so real and so hard....I'm sorry that I don't have more faith...but I just can't understand WHY????

That was a real turning point in my life....I don't think I will ever heal from it....

No comments: